Complex litigation, particularly complex commercial litigation, requires the attorneys involved to have a unique set of skills. Skills which include the ability to:
- Conduct in-depth research that can reveal hidden answers to challenging questions;
- Write persuasive and creative legal arguments, motions, and briefs that are based on high-level interpretations of the law;
- Minimize the costs of litigation by enhancing trial/procedural efficiencies;
- Provide a consistent level of litigation support over the lifetime of the case and retention;
- Produce a sophisticated and astute examination of the law (as well as a basis for the creation of new laws).
These skill sets are what we pride ourselves on. We thrive in complex litigation because these matters present a challenge and allow us the opportunity to do what we do best: fix and create.
These skills have certainly come in handy over the nearly two decades of Hataway-Coné’s practice. Over the years, clients, law firms, and businesses have turned to Hataway-Coné in times of need and doubt and Hataway-Coné has delivered.
She had the privilege of working on complex commercial litigation cases like the Deepwater Horizon oil spill matter.
The oil spill litigation presented Hataway-Coné with a challenge like no other. Separate and apart from the vast impact the litigation had on coastal states and economies, the Deepwater Horizon litigation presented Hataway-Coné with a unique opportunity to work on the largest civil litigation in American history and to create new law. It also presented Hataway-Coné the opportunity of a lifetime–to become admitted to the United States Supreme Court and to work on and file briefing before our Nation’s highest court.
That Hataway-Coné was one of perhaps a mere dozen women working on the litigation also allowed her to further develop her reputation as a litigator and appellate specialist.
But Hataway-Coné’s experience is not limited to once in a lifetime environmental disasters; she enjoys working on litigation matters large and small.
Hataway-Coné has worked alongside some of the brightest litigators in America, including Gloria Allred among other notable attorneys. From non-compete litigation or insurance coverage disputes to bankruptcy appeals, Hataway-Coné looks at each new matter as an opportunity–the chance to help solve a problem and the chance to make a difference.